“Nobody ever takes a photograph
of something they want to forget.”
– Syd Parrish –
A recent trip to the One Hour Photo at Walgreens recently lead me to Re-visit one of my Favorite Movies: One Hour Photo, written and directed by Mark Romanek and starring Robin Williams as Syd Parrish. The film, with its hyper-real cinematography actually pays homage to photographers by naming many of the characters after them. Check them out on Wikipedia. Examples include:
- Yoshi Araki (named for Nobuyoshi Araki);
- Det. Van Der Zee (James Van Der Zee);
- Det. Outerbridge (Paul Outerbridge);
- Maya Burson (Nancy Burson);
- Mrs. von Unwerth (Ellen von Unwerth)
- Mr. Siskind (Aaron Siskind).
- In addition, the hotel at the end of the movie, the Edgerton, is also named for a noted photographer — Harold Eugene Edgerton.